Want to change up your taco Tuesday recipes without tacos?
Taco Tuesday is one of the best days of the week.
My whole family is excited for tacos on Tuesday.
Don’t get me wrong I love tacos, too. But sometimes I like to switch it up a bit and offer something a little different to the regular Taco Tuesday meal plan.
Taco Tuesday Recipes That Aren’t Tacos
In searching around, I found over 20 recipes that contain taco seasoning, but aren’t exactly tacos. My homemade taco seasoning is perfect to add to any of these dishes to make taste just like tacos you love. These not so traditional recipes to serve on taco Tuesday will be sure to have your family singing your praises.
What are some good toppings for tacos?
The best ingredients to have on hand for topping any taco dish is lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and avocado. These are pretty versatile and will go with nearly all taco dinner recipes. A few unique taco toppins would include cilantro, sour cream, and pico de gallo.
What Goes With Tacos as a Side Dish?
The best sides dishes for tacos are simple dishes. You can serve like corn, refried beans, black beans, or Mexican rice. Don’t for get the standard classic chips and salsa, or my all time favorite chips and queso.
Non Traditional Taco Tuesday Recipes
1. Taco Soup – Mainly Homemade
2. Biscuit Empanadas – Mainly Homemade
3. Chipotle Taco Dip – Mainly Homemade
4.Chicken Tortilla Soup – Mainly Homemade
5. Homemade Enchiladas – Mainly Homemade
6. Spiced Nuts – Mainly Homemade
7. Burrito Bowl – Mainly Homemade
8. Taco Ring – Glue Sticks
9. Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza – Thrifty Jinxy
10. Taco Casserole (Insta Pot) – The Typical Mom
11. Easy Taco Stuffed Peppers – The Seasoned Mom
12. Chicken Ranch Taco Cups – Turning the Clock Back
13. Chicken Taco Rice Casserole – The Kreative Life
14. Chili Cheese Frito Bake – Mom Luck
15. Mexican Chicken Bake – Down Redbud Drive
16. Mexican Lasagna Recipe – Home Cooking Memories
17. Taco Pop Tarts – I Heart Naptime
18. Dorito Taco Salad – Dancing Through The Rain
19. Mexican Coleslaw – Small Town Woman
20. Taco Pie – The Seasoned Mom
21. Keto Taco Breakfast Skillet– Peace Love and Low Carb
What is the Best Dessert to Serve With Tacos?
The number one answer is chocolate. Chocolate originated from Mexico, so is a perfect compliment to any Mexican meal. You can try my chocolate brownie mix or my black bean brownies to see which you like the best.
Have Taco Tuesday At Home
Making your own takeout at home is easy with these simple taco Tuesday recipes. Taco Tuesday is the best night of the week. This is an easy go to when creating a meal plan . You always know you are having Mexican food on Tuesdays. Being from Texas, I love Mexican food and queso is my favorite.
Tacos are so versatile too. You can put almost anything in a tortilla and call it a taco. Tacos also fit into just about any diet you are on, so you can make them for dinner. I know my whole family gets excited for taco night at our house.
Which of these spicy recipes would you like to try in your menu plan first? These Taco Tuesday recipes are great to add to your to help make each week unique. The Taco Pop Tarts by I Heart Naptime look like a fun new way celebrate Taco Tuesday. I don’t think tacos should be limited to just one day. With all these amazing recipe variations you could eat tacos everyday!
Which Taco Tuesday recipes are your favorites?