1 Tbl Olive Oil
2 Cloves Garlic
1 tsp. Onion – I added a little more
1/2 tsp. Oregano
2 1/2 tsp. Chili Powder
1/2 tsp. Basil
1/4 tsp. Cumin
1/4 cup Salsa
1 14.5 can Diced Tomatoes
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and onions and saute until the onions become translucent. Add Chili powder, Oregano, Basil, Cumin, Salsa, Tomato Sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
2. Mix together. Bring to a boil. Then with an immersion blender, blend all ingredients in sauce pan. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 min.
Enchilada Sauce from above
14 or so corn tortillas
1. Make the enchilada sauce above.
2. Pull chicken off bone and shred with two forks. Place in a bowl.
3. Take a skillet and heat on med high heat. Place corn tortilla on skillet for 1 minute and flip for 1 minute. Remove from skillet. This makes the tortillas easier to roll.
4. Place two tablespoons of shredded chicken in the center of tortilla and roll. This should be easier, since the tortilla is warmed.
5. Spray a 9X13 baking dish. Place enchilada seem side down in dish.
6. Repeat steps 3 -5 until baking dish is full or chicken is all used.
7. Pour enchilada sauce over the top of all enchiladas.
8. Top off with cheese and bake at 350 for 30 min.
Let me know if you try this awesome dish. I loved the flavor and freshness of these. I served it with some re-fried beans and Spanish rice. Have you ever made enchiladas?
Find more great savings deals and steals join Pounds4Pennies on: