My homemade vapor rub inspired me to make homemade vapor shower soothers, too.
Sometimes you just need a little more respiratory support during these winter months.
I love the way these smell in the shower. The steam combined with the homemade vapor shower soothers offers immediate respiratory support.
Homemade Vapor Shower Soothers
Ingredients for Homemade Vapor Shower Soothers
1 Cup Baking soda
Water Enough to cover the baking soda
30 drops Eucalyptus Globulus Essential Oil (I highly recommend these essential oils)
30 drops Rosemary Essential Oil (I highly recommend these essential oils)
15 drops Peppermint Essential Oil (I highly recommend these essential oils)
Small Ice Cube Tray for mold (This one holds exactly 1 cup of the baking soda mixture, affiliate link)
*This is only for the shower or bath and should never be ingested.
Directions How to Make Homemade Vapor Shower Soothers
1. First mix all your oils and store in a small glass bottle (I recommend these, affiliate link). This makes it easier to apply the oils later.
2. Next in a glass bowl add the baking soda and enough water to saturate the baking soda. I used a little more than a 1/3 cup of water.
3. Carefully spoon the mixture into the small ice cube tray. (affiliate link) Fill to the top of each cavity. You can use any type of ice cube tray. This one just works out perfectly for this project.
4. At this point add 5-10 drops of the vapor oil mixture to each cube with the eye dropper in from the glass bottle. (affiliate link)
5. Let dry in a warm spot for one day. If you are in a very humid place, you may need to wait an extra day. I placed mine in the window to dry.
6. Carefully pop out of the molds and allow to dry a second day.
7. Before placing in a dry container, add 5-10 drops of the vapor oil mixture to each of the cubes. I used a 16 oz mason jar with a lid (affiliate link) and keep these in my bathroom cabinet.
When and How to Use Vapor Shower Soothers
Whenever I need a little more respiratory support, I just pop a homemade vapor shower soother on the bottom of my shower. I let the steam and oil vapors rise and breathe in deeply. Since I did not bake these, they melt very quickly. It is best if you place them a out of the direct stream of water from the shower. Also I will use these in my sons bath for a little more support.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
*Affiliate links have been used throughout this post so you can get these awesome products delivered right to your door! These are from the same companies I order from and I have had no issues.