We celebrated our DisneySide celebration a few months ago. The Disney villains party theme was a huge hit with the teenagers. For our party, they were able to dress as their favorite Disney Villain, so the girls had a blast with their versions of their favorite villain. The hit of the party were the Creuella De Vil cupcakes. There were a ton of other great snacks too. Another huge hit were the candy coated pretzel rods – Ursula’s Tentacles.
Candy Coated Pretzel Rods
Ingredients for candy Coated Pretzel rods (Ursulas Tentacles)
1 Bag candy melts – Purple for Ursula’s Tentacles)
1 bag of large pretzel sticks
1/2 cup large chocolate chips
How to make Candy Coated Pretzel rods
1. Melt the candy melts in the microwave or double broiler according to the directions. Most suggest to heat the melts in a glass dish at 30 second intervals stirring occasionally until fully melted. This took less than 2 minuted in my microwave. I was shocked how fast these little wafers melt. You can find a ton of different flavors at your local craft store or get them here.
2. Next get about 8 -10 pretzel rods ready to be drizzled with the candy melts. I used purple to resemble Ursula’s tentacles. Go ahead and be generous with the purple candy melts. The pretzel rods need to have a thick coating in order for the chocolate chips to stick.
3. Before the candy melts set, press chocolate chips into the melts to resemble the suckers on the tentacles. Then for a little added sparkle add some sprinkles before the candy melts set. Allow to cool to room temperature or place on a lined cookie sheet and place in the fridge or freezer.
The sweet and the salty make these snacks so good. I cannot believe how quickly these candy coated pretzel rods were gone at the Disney Villains party. If you would like more Disney Inspiration check out my Disney Side Pinterest board If you are throwing a party check out my party planning tips to make sure your next party is a huge hit.
Latest posts by Amy (see all)
- The Best Organic Laundry Detergent You Can Count On - February 24, 2017
- Fuel Your Day With High Protein Breakfast Cookies Recipe - February 21, 2017
- Mozzarella Stuffed Italian Meatloaf Recipe - January 24, 2017