Do you get the winter blahs? Where you just have so much to do, but really don’t feel like doing anything. It seems your motivation has just got up and walked out of the door. At this time of year, it seems to just hit me. The excitement of Christmas is over and it is back to the normal schedule. There is very little sun, and it is so cold outside. You almost feel like a prisoner cooped up inside with everyone. There are a few tricks I use to get my self out of the winter blahs slump and make every day special. Even if it is miserable outside.
7 Ways to Fight Winter Blahs
Easy Ways to Fight Winter Blahs
- Drink water from a wine glass or a fancy glass. This is a quick little pick me up have something regular in a fancy glass.
- Snuggle up and watch a funny movie to lift your spirits.
- Take a long hot bath or shower with some therapeutic bath salts.
- Take a Vitamin D (affiliate link) supplement. Since the sun is hiding behind those clouds, give your body a little help with extra vitamin D it needs.
- Start exercising. Find out how to walk 45 min a day without even trying.
- Eat better food. Start your clean eating journey to not only eat better but feel better, too.
- Top Essential Oils to diffuse to fight winter blahs: (these are the high quality therapeutic grade oils I recommend)
- Joy – This oils name says it all. It will perk up any mood.
- Citrus Fresh – The smell of citrus smells like summer and warm all combined into one.
- Lavender – Smells like a field of flowers.
- Bergamot – This is my favorite
Get up and get motivated with these sure fire ways to fight winter blahs. Get more done with a few simple tips and tricks to get you motivated this year. This is a new year and make it a new you. Let’s get started!
What are some other simple ways you fight the winter blahs?