We all could use a day at the spa, but really who has the free time and money to go to the spa all the time? Our family is busy, since our kids are involved in many activities throughout the week. By the time the weekend is here, I am exhausted, but I sure don’t want to look that way. This week I will show you have to have an awesome spa day at your house with simple ingredients you probably already have on hand. You can easily make homemade facial masks, fragrant homemade bath salts, softening homemade foot bath, homemade natural facial toner, and exfoliating homemade body scrub for your own relaxing spa experience in the comfort of your own home. The hardest part will be finding some quiet time to carve out of your busy week to relax. I would recommend after the kids go to bed or on the weekends. It might be fun to have a girls night if you have tween daughter like I do; or since Valentines day is right around the corner this might be a fun couple activity to try together.
Homemade Facial Masks
1st Yogurt Homemade Facial Masks:
2 tsp plain Homemade yogurt
2 tsp Fine oatmeal (Place in a blender or food processor and grind to a find powder)
1 tsp honey
2nd Homemade Facial Masks:
3 Tablespoons Blueberries (pureed)
1/4 cup Homemade yogurt
How to make Homemade Facial Masks:
1. Start by washing and cleaning your face. Focus on the oily areas of your face.
2. Mix all ingredients together. Take the mixture and gently rub to form a thin mask over your face.
3. Allow mixture to dry on your face for about 15 minutes.
4. To remove your homemade facial mask, rinse with warm water to remove mask.
Did you know yogurt acts as a gentle exfoliant to stimulate good blood flow for your face? Who knew? Now you can make your yogurt, and facial too! The oatmeal acts as a great natural moisturizer and removes impurities from your pores. Honey acts as a natural disinfectant for your skin. The blueberries are an excellent antioxidant. You could even eat a few! Your face will feel so amazing after doing these simple homemade facial masks. I would love for you to share pics on Facebook or Twitter to show me how they are working!
We have enjoyed trying and making these fun homemade spa treatments at home. These would be so fun to do for a slumber party for the girls or a girl day. You don’t have to spend a bunch of money to look fabulous!
Latest posts by Amy (see all)
- Skillet Vegetable Chicken Teriyaki in Minutes - September 14, 2017
- Is NatureBox Right for Your Family’s Snacking Needs? - September 7, 2017
- No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Homemade Chewy Granola Bars - September 1, 2017