I was sent invitation to the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration. I paid a modest fee to attend, which included a room at the Disney Yacht Club, park tickets and amazing events, parties and perks while attending. There was no requirement to blog about Disney, but I just had to share. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this article are my own.
Taking teens to the most magical place on earth, can be a little intimidating. However, if they are a ride junkie like my teens are, then I have picked the top ten rides for teens to experience while at Walt Disney World. I have used reliable sources, my own teens, to compile this list. Fast passes are highly recommended to ride these rides, since the lines for these exhilarating rides can be super long. A good tip is to try to plan your days at the parks around your fast passes. With the Disney World app and the Disney My Experience website you can plan your entire vacation with ease. These were extremely helpful on our trip.
Top 10 Rides for Teens at Walt Disney World
1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – A thrilling runaway railroad ride located in Frontier land in the Magic Kingdom. Plenty of turns twists in this railroad ride. Just when you think this one is about to end you are going up again for more adventure. A ride definitely filled with excitement.
2. Soarin’ – This high flying hang glider ride is located in Epcot. Disney has been able to capture the magic of flying on this ride. To be honest, I really didn’t think my teens would like this ride too much. We rode it when they were little and the loved it then. The best part of this ride is being able to look over and see your kids faces as you are all flying together. They had such huge smiles on their faces. If you ever wanted to know what it was like to fly, this is the ride to go on.
3. Space Mountain – A roller coaster completely in the dark. It is fast and super fun. You blast off into space in a small three seat rocket into the unknown. This is one of the most thrilling rides at Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom.
4. Star Tours – This space ride is located in Hollywood studios. This is a Star Wars adventure ride to simulate flying in space. Not just space, but an attack in space. Dodging Star Destroyers and Tie Fighters while trying to escape. The humor on this ride will keep you laughing even after the ride is over.
5. Tower of Terror – This is one of the best rides ever created for Hollywood Studios. It is programmed to be different every time you ride it. Such a thrilling and fun ride to experience again and again. This is always a must ride when visiting Hollywood Studios.
6. Test Track – When you first go inside you get to design your own car with your own specs. Then as you load the ride you scan your magic band and it loads your car information onto the test track. As you are riding in a car you get to see how well your car will perform on the test track. Then at the end there is an overall winner. There is even more interactive stuff to play after the ride located in Epcot. So much fun.
7. Mission Space – Have you ever wanted to travel in a rocket ship? Mission Space allows you see exactly what it is like to blast of in a rocket inside Epcot. I still cannot figure out how this one works. You really feel the G-force, just like and astronaut would in space. The best part is there are two versions to ride. Intense and not so intense. Even if you don’t have the adventurous teen there are options for this ride.
8.Mount Everest – Is the only true roller coaster in Animal Kingdom. There are a few exhilarating surprises in store with this ride. Riding through the mountain of Everest and feeling the cool mountain air. This is for the thrill seeker in your family.
9. Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster – The only high speed launch roller coaster at Walt Disney World and Hollywood Studios. This is the only roller coaster at Disney that has inversions and the only roller coaster inside Hollywood Sudios. We rode this for the first time our last trip. Thrilling is an understatement. I didn’t know it was completely in the dark. My kids loved it!
10. Dinosaur – For the Dinosaur lover, Dinosaur the ride is a thrilling adventure ride in Animal Kingdom. Get up close and personal with Dinosaurs while going on a safari in a a jeep. This one is fun for the whole family.
You are invited to read more about how my Dreams came true on Disney Social Media Moms trip. Follow My Disney Side Pinterest board for more Disney Inspiration or follow me on Facebook for more Disney Magic.