On a cold winters night, there is nothing better than drinking a nice warm drink by the fire. We love to sip on homemade hot cocoa and Chai tea to warm us up. However, we like to have a little adult drink for special nights. We make spiced mulled wine to sip during the holiday times. It tastes just like Christmas. Today I am going to share all the best ingredients for mulling spices with you.
Homemade Mulling Spice Recipe
Ingredients for Mulling Spice Recipe
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon all spice
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
(Whole spices or powdered, either are fine)
Directions How to Make a Homemade Mulling Spice Recipe
I like to use whole spices for this recipe. I store them in a little container and I use about a tablespoon of mix per batch.
Gather all the ingredients together and mix in a container. Feel free to double or triple the recipe to make a large batch at one time. Store in an air tight container.
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- ½ teaspoon all spice
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- (Whole spices or powdered, either are fine)
- I like to use whole spices for this recipe. I store them in a little container and I use about a tablespoon of mix per batch.
- Gather all the ingredients together and mix in a container. Feel free to double or triple the recipe to make a large batch at one time. Store in an air tight container.
How to Enjoy Mulling Spices
With just a few more ingredients you can make spiced mulled wine for those cold winter nights, or you can make spiced apple cider with a container of apple juice for the little ones. Whenever I make this with the whole ingredients, I use a small strainer to filter out all the spices as I pour the drink into the cup. These also make a super cute gift idea to give during the holidays. I usually have a few of these small gifts lying around for quick gifts to give to friends or hostesses gifts for attending a party. Find more handmade Christmas ideas on my Pinterest board.
Have you ever tried a mulling spice recipe?
Latest posts by Amy (see all)
- The Best Organic Laundry Detergent You Can Count On - February 24, 2017
- Fuel Your Day With High Protein Breakfast Cookies Recipe - February 21, 2017
- Mozzarella Stuffed Italian Meatloaf Recipe - January 24, 2017