Disclosure: I was sent a box full of several types of pasta to try for this article from The Pasta Shoppe. All thoughts, opinions and pictures are 100% my own.
You may not be able to believe this, but I am 40 years old I have never been on a girls weekend until recently. I made the Girlfriend pasta from The Pasta Shoppe for my girl’s weekend get away. I wanted a fabulous pink sauce to go with the cute shaped pink pasta. I made my famous Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Recipe to go with the purse and cell phone shaped pasta. I have to be honest I have never measured this recipe until I had to post it. It was strictly an eyeball it kind of recipe. I even made my own sun dried tomatoes for this amazing pasta sauce. I used my food dehydrator and about 3-4 lbs of plum tomatoes cut in half to make this tasty pesto sauce. I guess I am just frugal like that. This recipe has evolved from over 12 years ago, so I have no idea where the original recipe came from.
Ingredients for Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Recipe:
1 heaping cup of sun dried tomatoes
1 8 oz. cream cheese (learn how to make cream cheese)
2 Tablespoons of Basil
1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese
1 Clove garlic (or more if you like garlic)
How to Make Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Recipe Sauce:
1. A food processor will make this sun dried tomato pesto recipe easy. If you don’t have one you can try a blender or a small food processor. Put the pasta on to boil. This will cook while you are making the sun dried tomato pesto recipe.
2. First place all the tomatoes in the food processor and turn on high for a about a minute. The tomatoes should be finely chopped by the processor. I didn’t time it, so it may be slightly longer than a minute.
3. Next cube and add the cream cheese. Half at first then turn the food processor on low for about a minute. Then add the other half of the cream cheese and turn on low for about a minute.
4. Last add the basil, parmesan cheese and garlic and turn the food processor on low again until it is all cream smooth. This may take longer than a minute. It should be creamy smooth and pink when it is all done.
5. Once the pasta is finished and drained, and the pasta is still piping hot. Toss the pasta with the sun dried tomato basil pesto sauce to melt onto the pasta. Serve sun dried tomato pesto pasta with a piece of garlic bread and a glass of wine. The pasta turned out perfect with this recipe, since this is a thick sauce it stuck to the pasta for great flavor in every bite.
This sun dried tomato pesto recipe can be used as a sun dried tomato spread for crackers for a party. It is packed full of flavor and everyone will love.
The Pasta Shoppe has an amazing number of pastas to try. They have collegiate pasta, perfect for tailgating for your favorite collage team. There are 50 college teams to choose from on their site. I love finding unique gifts. This makes a perfect gift for that hard to shop for person on your list this year. The Pasta Shoppe also offers a fundraising opportunity for schools or organizations. This would be a fun way to earn extra money for your school or organization. Stay up to date and follow The Pasta Shoppe and Fun Pasta Fundraising on Facebook.
Would you like the chance to win a goodie box full of seasonal pasta to try with this sun dried tomato pesto recipe? Visit Pastabilities website to see what college pasta you would like to have shipped to you.
Legal stuff: All entries are verified and available to US residents 18 or older only. You cannot win if you don’t play by the rules. Contest will be over on October 6, 2013 at 11:59 pm. There will be one winner chosen at random 48 hours after sweepstakes is over. Odds of winning depends on the number of entrants. Please use your same email address for the News Letter option to make it easy to verify. Share this awesome giveaway with your friends too. What are you waiting on? Enter today!