Sometimes I just want a great bowl of hearty soup. Especially during the cold winter months. This homemade cauliflower soup recipe is quick and easy to make on an afternoon to warm you from the inside out. I love how quick I throw this together on a night I really don’t want to cook. I make it quite often for the family to enjoy on those cold winter days. We just love it. This is a hearty and very healthy soup. This would also be a great soup to eat for the beginning of the meal. It is great way to get your veggies in first before you start your meal.
Homemade Cauliflower Soup Recipe
Ingredients for Cauliflower Soup:
Directions for Cauliflower Soup Recipe:
1. Place a teaspoon of butter in a pot. Chop onions and garlic and sauté until the onions are translucent.
2. By this point, it is already smelling good in the kitchen. Now place the carrots in the the pan and stir for a little bit longer. Then add the cauliflower and cook until the cauliflower becomes translucent. Keep stirring so nothing burns at this stage. Go ahead and work those arm muscles.
3. Now that most of the veggies are cooked, add 2 cups of chicken stock to cover the veggies. Let this hang out for a while, for about 10-15 minutes until it is simmering really well. Be sure the cauliflower is cooked through and translucent before starting the next part.
4. This really is the fun part. Get your immersion blender (affiliate link) out and puree the whole thing in the pot. If you don’t have one, you can always pour it in a food processor or a blender. I like the one pot method myself for easy clean up.
5. Put a little sour cream or homemade yogurt in the bowl and spoon some hot cauliflower soup over the top. Simply delicious.
This has such a hearty and tasty way to get your veggies in. My kids don’t like soup, so I make this cauliflower soup a little thicker and it is mock mash potatoes. This does taste just like mash potatoes with gravy. So delicious and easy. You could serve this with some steak and have a side of mock mash potatoes on the side. Yum. Less calories and more veggies. This is even Paelo friendly. Find more great Homemade Recipes on Pinterest for many great ideas or Like Mainly Homemade on Facebook for more home style cooking.