Thanks to Nebraska Furniture Mart for sponsoring this Homemade Fajita Seasoning Rub for the perfect tailgating essentials you need for this year.
Did you know fajita meat is one of the quickest cuts of meat to cook on the grill? Perfect for tailgating or quick weeknight meal. If you want the best fajitas, skirt steak is the best cut of meat to get. I love to give my fajitas the most flavor possible. My dad makes the best, most mouth watering fajitas in the world. Seriously he has won awards with these fajitas. They are just that good.
Homemade Fajita Seasoning Rub
Ingredients for Homemade Fajita Seasoning
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
fresh ground pepper
Directions for Homemade Fajita Seasoning Rub
1. Measure all the ingredients and mix thoroughly to combine. Rub on fajita meat right before you grill.
The Secret to the Best Fajitas Ever
I am going to let you in on a little secret. We also marinate our fajitas. This provides flavor from the inside out. For an added bonus in this post I am going to share my top secret marinade for the best fajitas ever.
The Best Fajita Marinade Ever
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
water to cover
Directions to Fajita Marinade
1. Poor all the liquids in a shallow bowl and mix thoroughly. Place fajita meat in the bowl. Add a little water to make sure the meat is completely covered.
2. Allow to marinate for at least 8 hours or more. I suggest doing this in the morning before you head to work.
Once the meat has marinated. Take it out and pat it dry and allow to rest for 10 minutes before applying rub. Then apply the homemade fajita seasoning rub on the top and bottom of the meat. Grill for about 5 – 7 minutes on one side then flip and grill for about 3-5 minutes longer.
Grilled veggies are great to serve with fajitas. While grilling the meat, place the onions and bell peppers on well sprayed tin foil or in a grill basket. Personally I do not like bell peppers, so I don’t use them in my fajitas. I know that sounds crazy, but I have never liked them. Feel free to add bell peppers or mushrooms to the grill.
Prize Pack from Nebraska Furniture Mart
Now you have an awesome Homemade Fajita Seasoning and marinade you want to try. Nebraska Furniture Mart would love to help you get ready for your tailgating needs this year with an amazing Prize Pack happening from June 10 – 21. Here is what you can win:
- A Weber Grill at Nebraska Furniture Mart to grill those fajitas. This little grill is perfect for tailgating all year round.
- Can’t get into the game? Bring the game right to you with a portable dish with a Dish Network King Tailgater 2.
- What about a TV to watch the game? No problem. Just hook the Dish Network King Tailgater up to this 43″ LG TV and watch the game where ever.
- Plus an Omaha Steaks $75 Gift Card. Who love steak?
What is your favorite tailgating dish to make?