The adventure of potty training is a whole new world. I think most new parents are grateful to have a child who will go in the toilet on their own. They are excited for the new adventure. But let’s face it your whole day changes. When you first start potty training, outings are scheduled around what time your child normally goes. As skilled parents have learned, that can change in an instant. Then there is the moment when they have to go and it is at the worst time.
You start to look like a deer in headlights searching for the potty. Your mind starts to race:
- Can your child hold it long enough to make it?
- Did you pack a change of clothes?
- Should you put on a pull up just in case?
- Where is the dang toilet in this place?
- Why do you need to go right now?
We have all been there for those moments. I am here to help with some potty training tips to ease into the next phase of growing up.
Best Potty Training Tips
- Go to the store and pick out a small training potty with them. This helps get your child excited about the experience.
- Start on a day when you can be home most of the day. This is a new learning experience for your child, so there are going to be accidents. I love the Cottonelle Fresh Care Flushable Cleansing Cloths for by the toilette for easy clean up after they have finished.
- Reward for good behavior. I have provided a fun potty training printable for you to display in the bathroom. Put this in a frame and have a dry erase marker. Allow your child to color, X or check a star each time they go potty. When the week is done just wipe off and start again. This makes potty training fun and engaging for your child.
- We did the potty training in three days method. I did this with both my children. One child was definitely easier than the other. Each child is different. No one gets it on the first try.
- Be prepared for accidents and easy clean up. I love the Cottonelle Fresh Care Flushable Cleansing Cloths featuring SafeFlush Technology™ brand wipes to carry in my purse. These are great to use for easy clean up in a public place and can be flushed down the toilette. Always have and extra set of clothes in the car or your purse, just in case. Also keep a large baggie to put up the wet or dirty clothes.
Potty training my daughter was more difficult than my son. We had a few set backs, but I learned positive reinforcement works best. Make cleaning up easier with Cottonelle Fresh Care Flushable Cleansing Cloths featuring SafeFlush Technology™. They start to break down immediately after flushing. Go to Sam’s Club and instantly save $3.00 at check out from June 22nd to July 17th on Cottonelle Wipes. I sure did. Find out how to get a Sam’s Club membership. I use mine every week.
How do you like Cottonelle Flushable Cleansing Cloths?