Welcome all my new fans from KTXD! There are a ton of Thanksgiving art crafts to make.
Today I have a wonderful Thanksgiving craft you can make with your entire family I shared on KTXD today. This family Thanksgiving art crafts is made by tracing all the hands of your family to make a colorful turkey to display in your home. Here is the video if you would like to watch how to make this craft from my TV debut on KTXD.
(affiliate links have been used throughout this post. I may make a few pennies from your purchase)
How to make a paper turkey for a Thanksgiving Art Crafts:
1. Gather fall colors of card stock for the back feathers of the turkey. Let everyone choose their favorite color. I recommend this colorful paper pack for the best results. Use enough different colors for the number of members in your family for a very colorful turkey.
3. Carefully cut out each person’s hands to make this and many other Thanksgiving art crafts.
4. I have made a printable for the turkey head and waddle. You can increase or decrease the size needed to make the turkey. Trace this on a complimentary color of card stock and cut out. Cut a small yellow triangle for the beak.
5. I recommend using this 2.5″ paper punch to punch a brown body for the turkey.
6. Now lay each hand out largest to smallest. Start stacking them with the largest on the bottom and stagger them to make the back feathers of the turkey. Try to do these in birth order of the children in your family.
7. Glue all the hands together and let dry with a standard white glue from the craft store.
8. Assemble your turkey by placing the circle body over the smallest hand’s palm. Glue the head of the turkey over the body. Draw a couple of eyes on the turkey using a black pen. Just free hand it. Get a little glue for the yellow beak and glue the beak on the head. Then the final touch add the waddle over the beak to make a wonderful Thanksgiving Turkey. Press the turkey between two large books to dry flat.
9. Using a fun fall color printed scrapbook paper for the back ground and choose a large frame. I used an 11X14 frame for this project. You can find one here. Then you can use the print out here to download the printable words Thankful for Family and trace on the glass of the picture frame with a sharpie marker. If you mess up, you can erase it with some alcohol and a cloth.
There are many Thanksgiving art crafts you can make with your family. I like this one because this is a moment frozen in time you can cherish for always.