Do you have any traditions you share as a family? A few years back we started sprinkling reindeer food outside on Christmas eve. We leave some homemade cookies for Santa, so we can’t leave the reindeer hungry. They have to travel a long distance on Christmas every year to make sure all those presents get delivered to the right houses and on time. That is a lot of work for eight or nine reindeer. Rudolph is only really needed during a foggy Christmas eve.
Homemade Reindeer Food Recipe
(affiliate links have been used in this post)
Ingredients for Homemade Reindeer Food
1 cup oatmeal
1 tablespoon red sugar
1 tablespoon green sugar
Feel free to add any additional items you wish
Directions how to make Homemade Reindeer Food
1. First add all the ingredients to a large bowl and mix. Just multiply the recipe for additional bags. Then just stir all together to mix well. Feel free to add any additional extras, just make sure they are things that can disappear by morning. (marshmallows are not a good idea, trust me)
2. Next, print out Reindeer Food Printables for as many as you may need. I have made it easy for you by providing two per page.
3. Lastly fill each bag with 1/2 cup reindeer food. Then attach reindeer food labels to the baggies. I just stapled them closed.
Homemade Reindeer Food Recipe
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon red sugar
- 1 tablespoon green sugar
- Reindeer Food printable
- Feel free to add any additional items you wish
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and mix. Just multiply the recipe for additional bags. Feel free to add any additional extras, just make sure they are things that can disappear by morning. (marshmallows are not a good idea, trust me)
- Print out Reindeer Food Printables for as many as you may need. There are two per page.
- Fill each bag with ½ cup reindeer food. Attach reindeer food labels to the baggies. I just stapled them closed.
- Adjust recipe to make more reindeer food to give as gifts or for more children.
My son enjoys helping make reindeer food each year and we giggle as we talk about how much the reindeer are going to love it! I love the memories we make each year as we create this fun treat.
We enjoy handing these out to all the kids at Christmas parties so they can create their own family memories together. This is just a little gift idea that is fun for everyone. We love to all go out as a family and sprinkle the reindeer food on the lawn and sing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Of course we also go out in the morning to see if they liked it.
Much anticipation are in those little eyes on Christmas Eve. Hoping, waiting to see a little glimpse of some magical guy delivering toys in a sleigh. This little bag of reindeer food helps the magic grow each year.
What are your family traditions for Christmas?
Latest posts by Amy (see all)
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice - September 25, 2017
- Skillet Vegetable Chicken Teriyaki in Minutes - September 14, 2017
- Is NatureBox Right for Your Family’s Snacking Needs? - September 7, 2017