Every girl deserves to feel like Cinderella every once in a while. Learn how to make glitter shoes, since every girl now has the chance to feel like a princess. I saw this idea on Martha and I said I had to try it with my daughter. She is out of the cute little girl stage right now. What girl doesn’t like a great looking pair of shoes? Especially shimmery sparkly glitter shoes to wear.
How to Make Glitter Shoes
Materials for Glitter Shoes DIY:
Directions for How to Make Glitter Shoes:
1. You can find some plain, boring, white canvas shoes at Walmart for $5.00. These simple shoes are begging to be updated for this project.
3. With some masking tape or painters tape, tape the bottom of the sole of the shoe.
5. Paint the shoe generously with the new glitter glue. Don’t worry if some getting on the grommets or on the tape. If it gets on the grommets just wipe it off, when you are finished with the sparkly coat.
6. Repeat with 3 to 4 coats until the shoe is super sparkling!
7. Remove the tape on the bottom. Yo may find that you have Mod Podged the tape to the shoe and it is not coming off easily. Take a craft knife and score along the edge of the tape and shoe. Then peel the tape off. You may need to use some Goo Gone to get the sticky part of the tape off.
Since, I did the Glitter Letters with little face last week, I needed a glitter project to do with little miss this week. It is really hard to get a great picture of these glitter shoes, since every time you move they shimmer and sparkle. These Glitter shoes are just so cute, Little Miss made a pair to match an orange shirt she had. Orange is her favorite color. Pink is mine! I think I am going to wear my Pink Glitter shoes all month in October to support Breast Cancer Awareness. My sister in law just finished her final round of radiation. May she be cancer FREE!
Top ten places to wear these beauties:
1. Bloggy event – Since you pinned these, everyone will know where you got the idea
2. Hallloween – perfect to go with at fairy princess dress and comfy too!
3. Mall – Every will want to know what store you got these in! Tell them you found it on
5. Girls night out – be the envy of all your friends
6. Christmas party – Think red, silver or gold.
7. Church – You need a little sparkle at church
8. Wedding – wouldn’t the bride look fabulous if she had these to wear after? How about the brides maids?
9. Dancing – Be comfortable and show them your moves!
10. Anywhere you want to look fabulous
This would work well on those fabric dress shoes you were going to throw out because they were stained. Break out the glitter baby!