I haven’t been feeling really well lately, so I am a little behind on making Easter stuff like these awesome Easter Cupcake ideas. These are so fun and easy to put together just in time for Easter. This is a fun project to get the kids involved in decorating these cupcakes with their favorite jelly beans.
Easter Cupcake Ideas
The inspiration for these cupcake ideas came from a memory I had when I was little. My aunt made a bunny cake for Easter one year. It was huge and covered with coconut to make fluffy white fur on the bunny. I really wanted to make that cake, but the Saturday before Easter was completely booked. I knew I would not have time to make an entire cake. So I quickly settled on these cute and easy Easter Cupcake ideas.
Ingredients for easy Easter Cupcake Ideas:
1 box cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
1 container frosting
1 cup coconut
Jellybeans, chocolate candy Easter eggs, Easter candy
Directions for easy Easter Cupcake Ideas:
1. I love to use butter cake mix to make all my cakes instead of white or yellow cake mix. It has a delicious rich flavor. After all it is cake, it is OK to indulge. Everything in moderation. Make cake mix according to directions.
2. I use an ice cream scoop and evenly distribute cake mix among muffin pans. For easier cleanup line muffin pans with cupcake liners.
TIP: Reduce the oven temperature by 25 degrees less than what the box recommends and increase the time by 5 min. This will make higher, fluffier cupcakes to enjoy. Just like the ones you see in the magazines. Test to make sure they are done by inserting a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, then they are ready. Otherwise leave for an additional 5 mins or so.
3. While the cupcakes are baking start to color your frosting. Since I am frugal I have three colors of food dye. Red, blue and yellow. I can make any color I want. I dyed the frosting green. If you want green use 2 time more yellow than blue. It just takes a few drops.
4. I put the same amount of food coloring in the coconut and mixed it up. It helps to mix the yellow and the blue first then mix it into the coconut. My family thought it was really Easter grass in the bowl. Success!
5. Once the cupcakes are done and cooled, let the frosting begin! Frost each cupcake with the green frosting for a sweet foundation. Then sprinkle the coconut on top. Don’t be afraid the more the better. Top the cute little grassy mounds with three jellybeans or three pieces of Easter candy. Little Miss enjoyed making a special cupcake for each member of the family with using everyone’s favorite color jellybeans.
6. A few more easy Easter Cupcake Ideas are to make a flower on the top using jellybeans or pastel M&M. Why not add a peep on top for a chick or bunny in the nest? Doesn’t that sound so cute?
Did you make anything for Easter?
Latest posts by Amy (see all)
- 12 Secrets to Make Your Disney Cruise The Best Ever - June 26, 2017
- Ultimate Fudge Black Bean Brownies Recipe - June 9, 2017
- Easy DIY Autograph Book For Disney - June 1, 2017