My boys like to do crafts and learn how to make things, like how to make silly putty. Little Miss is away at camp, so I had to come up with some boy crafts to do this week. My boys like slimey, gooey crafts. What boy doesn’t like to make stuff like that. I decided we would learn how to make silly putty this week. The 11 year old had a great time and thought this was so cool. I am not sure who liked it more the 3 year old or the 11 year old.
Silly Putty Ingredients:
1 Tblsp Borax
1 Cup Water
1 Tablespoon Water
1 Tablespoon Glue
a few drops Food Color (optional)
How to Make Silly Putty:
1. Take and warm 1 cup of water in the microwave for about a min. You want it warm, but not hot.
2. Add one Tablespoon of Borax and dissolve completely. This takes a little while.
3. Place 1 Teaspoon of water in a ziplock bag. Then add 1 tablespoon glue (elmer’s works the best) and Tablespoon borax and water mixture. Add 3-4 drops of child’s favorite food coloring. We choose yellow and blue.
4. This is the fun part of this craft. Squish all that up for about two minutes or less. The boys thought this was so cool and squishy. What boy doesn’t like squishy.
5. Take out the gluey mix and start to kneed it in your hands. Both of the boys thought this was so cool to pull and stretch the slimy silly putty. Why do boys like squishy, slimy stuff?
6. Store the silly putty in a plastic Easter egg for safe keeping. If the silly putty is left out on the counter for a long period of time like little face did, just put a few more drops of water in the egg and store. It will come right back.
That is how to make silly putty using a few simple ingredients you have around the house. Borax can be used for crafts too. Learn how Borax is a used to make crystal ornaments from Borax. I would say Borax is something you need to have around the house for great crafts and extra cleaning ability.
If you don’t have any, then here is your chance to try to win a coupon for a FREE box of Borax Laundry Booster. Simple fill out the form below. You can choose how many entries you want to enter to win. All entries are verified and available to US residents 18 or older only. Contest will be over on July 22 at 11:59. 3 Winners will be chosen 48 hours after contest. Share this awesome giveaway with your friends. You cannot win if you don’t play by the rules. What are you waiting on, enter today!
Disclosuer: Thanks to Borax for supplying me with a box to try. No other compensation was given. All thoughts and opinions and pictures in this article are my own.