I am partnering with LifeLock to inform you about data breaches in security and how to protect yourself. All thoughts and opinions stated in this article are my own.
Data security is important to keep all your accounts secure. LifeLock offers a way to help protect your identity from hackers and thieves. LifeLock can alert you immediately when suspicious activity occurs on your accounts because of a data breach. This can offer you a little more peace of mind knowing someone else is watching out for your security. Find out how data breaches occur.
There are companies that have had data breaches in their customers records. Data breaches have happened in the past, and probably will happen again in the future. LifeLock offers a way to reduce your risk with security plans available. The Ultimate Plus program offers several new activity alerts for customers, to add peace of mind against identity fraud in the digitally connected world we live in.
When news of a potential Home Depot data breach was released, LifeLock shared these tips to help:
- Monitor your transactions: Keep an eye on the activity on your credit and debit card accounts, looking for any charges that don’t seem to be yours.
- Report suspicious transactions immediately: If you see a card transaction—even a small one—that doesn’t look right, contact the card issuer immediately. The phone number is on the back of your card.
- Order a new debit card: If you believe your debit card number was compromised, don’t wait for fraudulent charges to start appearing on your statement. Request a new card from your bank. This way, you reduce the chances of a criminal depleting your bank account, and you avoid potential challenges in recovering your funds. Credit cards offer more protection and less risk because funds are not directly withdrawn from your bank account as they are with a debit card.
- Follow the story: Investigation of this crime is still under way. Watch for news and communication from Home Depot.
- Consider using an identity protection service: LifeLock provides identity protection products and services you can count on. In fact, with LifeLock Advantage™ and LifeLock Ultimate Plus™, we can help you detect fraudulent activity with alerts for cash withdrawals, balance transfers and large purchases within our extensive network.
Here is a 10% off code you can use from LifeLock: breachwatch Here is a video you can watch to understand more about how LifeLock works.
I know I am concerned for my and my families personal data to remain protected. LifeLock offers a little more peace of mind for when these data breaches occur. Keep your information safe and secure by using LifeLock. Find the program that best works for you and your families needs at LifeLock Plans.