Raisin Bran muffins combine two great things into one: muffins and cereal. Cereal muffins reminds me of the little breakfast bars you can buy at the store. Breakfast needs to be easy at my house, so I do a lot of baking and preparing breakfast on the weekends to get ready for the busy week ahead. Muffins are one of the easiest things to make and reheat for a quick nutritious breakfast. One thing I can cross off my to do list every day is breakfast is already made.
6 Cups of Raisin Bran Cereal
5 Cups Flour (I use Whole Wheat)
5 Teaspoons Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Salt
3 Cups of Sugar (Can use 2 1/2 Cups)
4 Large Eggs Beaten
4 Cups Buttermilk (You can use regular milk too)
1/2 Cup Shortening Melted & cooled slightly (you can use butter or Coconut oil)
1. Combine the first 5 dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and stir for these healthy bran muffins.
2. In a separate bowl combine all the wet ingredients thoroughly. Now mix all the ingredients together and stir. This is where I like to sneak in a little extra family time and let the kids help me make muffins. It is always good to have a few helpers in the kitchen.
3. This refrigerator bran muffin batter needs to chill out for about an hour in the fridge before you bake it to soften the cereal.
4. Now the batter a has set a bit, pour into the muffin tin about two-thirds full. Tip: Use an ice cream scoop to make perfect even muffins every time.
5. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 23 minutes or until golden on top.
This raisin bran muffin recipe is a double batch and makes two pans of muffins. The bran muffin batter can hang out in the fridge for up to one week before baking. Sometimes I will make a batch and freeze them and on Wednesday bake another fresh batch before the kids get up in the morning. Raisin Bran muffins are requested by all in my house. It is a huge hit when I make these.
I like to make Cranberry Pumpkin muffins, best Baked Oatmeal bars and Homemade Breakfast Bars for a quick and easy breakfast in the morning. Try this homemade muffin mix, you just add the wet ingredients. If you need more inspiration check out these 20 breakfast ideas to make a quick breakfast in the morning.
What is your favorite breakfast to make for your family?