Disclosure: A free ham was given as compensation for this article. All thoughts, opinions, pictures and recipe are all my own.
Do you like to eat spiral ham for the holidays? I love spiral ham, since it is already pre-sliced that makes it so easy serving. Petit Jean has smoked spiral sliced ham to order for the holidays. This even makes it so easy to make sandwiches for the next day. I love having leftovers after a big meal. Don’t you?
We had a lovely spiral sliced ham from Petit Jean Meats. Both my husband and I are addicted to Sriracha chili sauce now. I love to have pineapple with ham, so I came up with an amazing pineapple sauce with Sriracha chili sauce to accompany the ham. We loved this simple pineapple sauce. Let me show you how to make it for your next holiday ham.
Pineapple Sauce with Sriracha Chili Sauce
1 8 oz can of diced or chopped pineapple
2 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon Sriracha chili sauce
1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 pinch nutmeg
Juice of 1/2 lemon or lime
How to Make Pineapple Sauce for Ham:
1. Empty the entire can of pineapple juice and all into a sauce pan.
2. Next add two tablespoons of brown sugar. Stir until it is fully melted into the sauce.
3. Then add 1 Tablespoon Sriracha chili sauce to the sauce. Let the sauce reduce down.
4. Once reduced for about 5 min add spices cinnamon and nutmeg
5. Add the juice of 1/2 lemon or lime right before you serve and stir well.
The sweet and the spicy sauce complimented the ham perfectly. To complete the ham dinner we had corn with garlic butter and green beans with a homemade mushroom sauce. This was a wonderfully simple meal to create. I think I even impressed my husband with how quickly this meal idea came together.
What do you like to eat with your ham?