This time of year is about memories and traditions. Traditions set by parents and grandparents and even some new ones we add to our own family. It can also be a very overwhelming time of year with cooking, cleaning and decorating. I always try to make it a point to spread cheer during the holidays. Here is a list of quick and easy ideas sponsored by Kleenex®. These should help lift your spirits as well as those around you.
10 Ways to Spread Cheer During the Holidays With Kleenex®
- Smile – make it an effort to smile at people you don’t know.
- Add a Hello with the smile – It is so nice to hear a hello when you are having a bad day.
- Compliment your kids – It can be something they did or did for someone.
- Compliment your spouse – Let them know how much you truly value their friendship, love and support.
- Give a small gift – It can be a small gesture as giving someone a Kleenex® when they are not feeling well.
- Donate food to a local food pantry – This gives a family a warm meal and will warm your heart.
- Buy a gift for a needy child – Angel trees at local malls are a good place find them.
- Make a card for a friend – How special do you feel if you would get a handmade card for a friend.
- Facetime or Skype a friend you haven’t seen for a while – You may not be able to face to face but still see each other.
- Offer to watch someone else’s kids to allow them child free shopping.
Keep Kleenex® on hand during the holidays, since you never know when you may need one or need to give one. I always keep a box in the car for sniffles.
We car pool with different kids I enjoy sharing my Kleenex® more than I enjoy sharing germs.
Having Kleenex® in every room is a great idea and I keep one box on everyone’s nightstand. You can pick up a 12 count box of Kleenex® at Sam’s Club to have enough for the cars and all rooms in the house.
What are some ways you spread cheer during the holidays?