Valentine’s day is getting closer. This year I have decided to make Valentine’s Day gifts for Little Face’s Valentine’s party at school. He gets so excited whenever the word party is mentioned anywhere. He loved helping me make these cute little origami heart Valentine’s for his class. He enjoyed these Valentine gifts to make for his friends.
Valentine Gifts to Make for Kids
Directions for Origami Heart Valentines:
1. Take a 12X12 piece of regular scrapbook paper and fold it into four squares. Cut out the four squares. Cutting will go fast with a paper cutter like this one.
2. I used red and white paper, since these are for my son. He doesn’t like pink. Now fold the small 6X6 paper in half to make a triangle and unfold (pic 1).
3. Fold the paper to make another triangle. This will form an X on the paper (pic 2).
4. To make a point, take two corners and fold them together and crease (pic 3). Do the same with the other corner to make a large triangle (pic 4).
5. This heart printable is the perfect size to lay on the triangle and cut out.
6. I have provided a heart craft printable to attach the heart together. Take a hole punch and punch through the top of the heart and the printable and candy if you wish. Attached to the back is a little package of candy. Feed a little ribbon through the holes and tie a bow.
7. I found some simple Valentine planes and Little bookmarks to stuff inside the origami heart. Anything flat will be great. I glued a few paper doilies to the front for a little extra decoration to these Valentine gifts to make for the party.
8. I have another printable to attach to the folded heart. It says “Open your heart and share your Love”. Valentine Heart Printable.
An Origami heart would also great for the front of a card with a little confetti inside. Have fun making this little origami heart Valentine for your sweetie or sweeties this Valentine’s day. Here are a few more Valentine ideas for this Valentine’s Day:
Do you love to make your own Valentine cards and gifts?