If you read my post yesterday how to make yogurt, today I am going to share with you how to make awesome yogurt recipes with a variety of flavors your whole family will love. It was so much fun to experiment with flavors I just love, but can never buy these at the store. I love to come up with new recipes. This series on Homemade Recipes has been a rewarding journey the kids have enjoyed learning how to make all of these great foods themselves too! These recipes makes four 6 oz yogurt servings. I normally double these recipes for us.
Awesome Yogurt Recipes
Chai Honey Vanilla Yogurt
2 Tablespoons Chai Spice
1/4 – 1/2 cup Honey
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 1/2 – 3/4 Cups Yogurt
It depends on how sweet you want your yogurt to be to how much honey you will use. I have started cutting back on sugar in our diet and I find I don’t like as much sugar as I used to like. Measure all the ingredients into a bowl and mix together. Place in 4 small 6 oz plastic containers to enjoy.
Banana Honey Vanilla Yogurt
1/4 cup Honey
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 cups Yogurt
1. Smoosh the bananas with a fork until smooth and creamy. If the bananas are ripe (browner) they work better.
2. Add other ingredients and stir. Less yogurt is used, since the bananas take up more room in the container. More Honey may be needed to taste the banana adds a lot of natural sweetness without adding additional sugar.
Pumpkin Pie Yogurt
1/4 Cup Pumpkin Puree (can substitute butternut squash)
4 Tablespoons Honey
1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 1/2 cups yogurt
1. Smoosh the banana with a fork until smooth and creamy.
2. Add remaining ingredients and stir. Place in 6 oz yogurt cups and store in fridge.
Strawberry Banana Yogurt
1/2 Cup Strawberry Jam
1 3/4 Cups yogurt
Mix all ingredients together and store in 6 oz yogurt cups and store in fridge.
Here are a few great yogurt recipes for you to enjoy with your new found love of making homemade yogurt in your slow cooker. I find I like about 2 Tablespoons of sugar per 6 oz container for my yogurt recipes. For my yogurt recipes I like to use honey and bananas for a natural sweetener. Feel free to experiment to find that awesome flavor you like.
What is your favorite yogurt flavor?
Latest posts by Amy (see all)
- Guide to Kombucha Second Fermentation Process - May 26, 2017
- Important Life Changes to Consider With A New Teen Driver - May 24, 2017
- How to Make Homemade Kombucha Recipe Like a Pro - May 17, 2017