White Chocolate Cranberry Bars have been dancing around in my head for almost two weeks now. Finally, I had to let my baking energy out and create something with white chocolate and cranberries. I even think my daughter was tired of hearing me say, “I want to make something with white chocolate and cranberries.” I didn’t just want to make white chocolate cranberry cookies, but something a little different. These white chocolate cranberry bars are so soft and chewy, you won’t be able to eat just one.
Ingredients for White Chocolate Cranberry Bars recipe:
3/4 cup butter (melted)
1-1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
a dash of nutmeg (optional)
a dash of cloves (optional)
1/2 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips (melted)
1/2 cup dried cranberries
Directions on how to make White Chocolate Cranberry Bars
1. Melt butter over the stove or in the microwave.
2. Add in the brown sugar and stir. Let the mixture cool.
3. Beat in eggs and vanilla with the cooled brown sugar and butter mixture.
4. In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and spices. I love adding additional spices to all my dishes during the fall. Add your favorites to create your perfect dish.
5. Now gradually add the dry ingredients to the brown sugar butter mixture. Mix until thoroughly combined.
6. Fold in cranberries and chocolate (batter will be thick)
7. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 18-21 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
8. For topping: in a bowl, melt the white chocolate chips over a double broiler or in the microwave. Once melted, drizzle the white chocolate over the top of the white chocolate cranberry Blondie bars. Lastly sprinkle with cranberries. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator.
Yields 14 large bars or 28 squares
Now I have satisfied my white chocolate cranberry fix with these amazing bars. There is just something with the sweetness of the white chocolate and the tartness of the cranberries that makes these irresistible. If you love cranberries like I do, see my Chai Cranberry Almond Biscotti recipe for additional ways to use cranberries.
What is your favorite cranberry recipe?
Latest posts by Amy (see all)
- The Best Organic Laundry Detergent You Can Count On - February 24, 2017
- Fuel Your Day With High Protein Breakfast Cookies Recipe - February 21, 2017
- Mozzarella Stuffed Italian Meatloaf Recipe - January 24, 2017