Being from the south and being from Texas it is against the unwritten code not to like pecan pie. But I don’t. I do love pecans, I wouldn’t be Texan if I didn’t! There is just too much gooey stuff in the middle. I love the candied pecans on the top of the pie, but not the gunk in the middle. I know some of you (including my dad) love pecan pie! There was a recipe in one of my mom’s old cookbooks she wrote down for me, pecan pie muffins. These are the best thing ever! They taste just like pecan pie with out the gooey part. They are so crunchy like a pecan praline but also so chewy on the inside. These are close to heaven in my book.
Pecan Pie Mini Muffins
Ingredients for Pecan Pie Muffins Recipe
1 cup Chopped Pecans
1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
1/2 Flour (I used whole wheat and tasted fine)
1 1/3 Sticks of Butter Melted (Learn how to make butter with video)
2 Large Eggs
Mini Muffin Tin
Directions on How to Make Pecan Pie Muffins:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Liberally spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray. This will make one pan of mini muffins (24 mini muffins.)
2. In a bowl combine the dry ingredients of chopped pecans, brown sugar, flour and mix well. Great job for little kitchen helpers.
3. Next, crack and beat the eggs. Once the melted butter is cooled slightly add them to the eggs stirring quickly.
4. Now pour the egg and butter mixture with the dry ingredients.
5. Fill the mini muffin cups until nearly full. There is not any leveling ingredients like baking soda or baking powder, so these little muffins will not rise. 6. Bake in 350 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes for the mini muffins. Mine were done at 20 minutes. If you would like to try the larger muffins bake for an additional five more minutes.
Pecan pie mini muffins taste the best. All the edges are caramelized and the pecans taste candied inside the muffins. So simple to make with so few ingredients. Everyone loved these little pecan pie muffins at my house. These are going on our Thanksgiving menu for this year, since we are hosting Thanksgiving at my house. Find more muffin recipes here.
What is your favorite food to make using pecans?
Latest posts by Amy (see all)
- The Best Organic Laundry Detergent You Can Count On - February 24, 2017
- Fuel Your Day With High Protein Breakfast Cookies Recipe - February 21, 2017
- Mozzarella Stuffed Italian Meatloaf Recipe - January 24, 2017