We have been on a clean eating kick, since I have been making most of my snacks and food with homemade recipes. Recently we ran out of syrup. I was looking for some good substitutes to find out how to make syrup besides the all natural all expensive maple syrup. Frugal living is also important to us. Let’s face it I am not going to spend $10 on something my kids are just going to lap up and still leave a bunch on the plate. No sense in getting angry at them for not eating more sugar, since maple syrup cost an arm and a leg. That is just not in our budget.
I found this homemade syrup recipe while digging around for a better alternative to learn how to make syrup. While this does contain sugar, it still is made of basic ingredients and super tasty. This butter flavored syrup does not contain any high fructose corn syrup and still tastes amazing. I have never said I am going to give up sugar, just cut back a little.
Homemade Pancake Syrup
Ingredients for Homemade Syrup Recipe
How to Make Syrup:
1. In a sauce pan add sugar, molasses, water and butter over medium heat. Tip: Spray the tablespoon with a little oil, so the molasses just pours right out.
2. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Then remove from the heat and then put in the vanilla extract and stir once more.
3. Allow to cool completely and the syrup will thicken up. Then pour in a bottle that seals. You can get a glass bottle here. You now know how to make syrup.
I was so surprised this syrup really tastes a lot like store bought syrup with no high fructose corn syrup. Overall cost was way cheaper than the $3 – $4 store bought syrup. This homemade syrup recipe was probably around $1 to make all together. Yup only a dollar to make and tastes way better than store bought. This syrup recipe gets a 5 thumbs up from my family. Everyone loved it with the homemade pancakes we had the other day. Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest for more homemade recipes I will be making our own pancake syrup from now on.What do you like to put syrup on? Do you think you would make your own syrup?
Latest posts by Amy (see all)
- 12 Secrets to Make Your Disney Cruise The Best Ever - June 26, 2017
- Ultimate Fudge Black Bean Brownies Recipe - June 9, 2017
- Easy DIY Autograph Book For Disney - June 1, 2017