I am finding such great joy with so many things I can make myself at home like peanut butter. Just buying pure simple ingredients and processing them myself. I experimented with peanuts this week and we made peanut butter with honey. If you have ever eaten fresh homemade peanut butter, you may never buy the store bought stuff again. We all thought the homemade peanut butter tasted amazing. You have just got to try this. Half the jar was gone within a week. Learn how to make peanut butter with the super simple directions below.
How to Make Homemade Peanut Butter
How to Make Peanut Butter Ingredients:
2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup honey
Directions on How to Make Peanut Butter:
1. Take one pound of roasted peanuts and put them in a food processor. (This is extremely difficult )
2. Pour the honey in with the peanuts. Use my method of pour the honey around the container twice. I rarely ever measure anything. Add more if you like a sweeter peanut butter.
3. Turn the processor on high for around 10 minutes. After a few minutes turn off the processor and scrape the sides and then turn it on again.
4. The peanuts will reach a magic moment where they will become a smooth round ball of fresh peanut butter heaven in the food processor. That is the magic moment they go from boring peanuts into peanut butter. Yes! Turn off the processor and scrape the sides. Be sure to get the little bits off the bottom. Keep on processing for a while until is it smooth and creamy. If you want an easily spreadable peanut butter add a little peanut oil. Then you will have smooth and creamy peanut butter.
I store my homemade peanut butter in the fridge. You may not need to do this, but remember there are no preservatives in this peanut butter. You won’t have to worry too much about it, since you will want to eat the entire jar at one sitting anyway. Seriously it is THAT good. You know you want to Pin this and give it a try. I am amazed how awesome fresh items taste. Just think of all the yummy recipes you can make now that you know how to make peanut butter yourself.
Want to know how to make more items yourself with out preservatives or chemicals? Check out my homemade recipes page for more recipes and homemade items. Go ahead and Pin this you know you want to give it a try. Follow Pounds4Pennies on Facebook to get the latest in simple living or Follow Pounds4Pennies on Pinterest to be inspired.
Latest posts by Amy (see all)
- Shrimp and Kale Salad Recipe In Under 10 Minutes - August 7, 2017
- How to Create A Smart Home in Minutes - July 28, 2017
- Best Road Trip Tips And Kids Travel Notebook Printable - July 19, 2017