Just about everyone I know loves homemade ice cream on a hot summer day. The sweet cream melting in your mouth is one of the best ways to cool down. My kids just love ice cream, but I don’t like buying it. There are usually a lot of other ingredients in the ice cream I can’t always pronounce. The ice cream machine takes too long and is way to messy. This homemade ice cream recipe is made with just four simple ingredients you probably already have. With this being so easy to make, I may never buy ice cream at the store again.
Homemade Ice Cream Without Ice Cream Maker
Ingredients for Homemade Ice Cream:
2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Cup powdered sugar
1 Cup milk
1 Tablespoon Vanilla (2 for very vanilla)
Directions for How to Make Homemade Ice Cream:
1. Pour 1 Pint (2 cups) heavy whipping cream in a mixer with the whisk attachment. Whisk on high for about 5 minutes. Cover the mixer so the cream will not splash out. It is ready when, stiff peaks to form in the whipping cream. But not too long where you have butter. You are basically making homemade whipped cream at this point.
2. While the mixer is making whipped cream, combine 1 cup milk, 1 cup powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon vanilla. Whisk together until mixed well.
3. When the whipping cream is finished, reduce the speed of the mixer to the lowest setting and slowly (very slowly) pour the powdered sugar milk mixture into the mixer. If there is some separation between the milk and whipped cream slow down and let it incorporate for a minute.
4. Now place in a freezer safe container and wait about six hours. This is really the hardest part to wait until it is frozen solid. I suggest making it at night before bedtime. It will be ready for the next day.
Wasn’t that so easy to make? This makes a little over a quart of ice cream. I have made three batches of this already and this is the first one I have had the chance to take a picture of for a post. Use this as a base for making Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches. For some variations add 1/4 cup of homemade chocolate syrup to milk for chocolate ice cream. Add more for more chocolate flavor. For caramel ripple ice cream, heat two heaping tablespoons caramel sauce and one table spoon milk in a container. Heat and mix the milk and caramel sauce together. Layer ice cream then 2 tablespoons of drizzled homemade caramel sauce for about three layers.
What is your favorite flavor of homemade ice cream?
Latest posts by Amy (see all)
- The Best Fish Tacos Recipe With Wasabi Garlic Lime Sauce - April 20, 2017
- Easy to Use 3D Pen For Kids - April 18, 2017
- Sustainable and Ethical Fashion You Will Love - April 7, 2017