I am always looking for ways to sneak healthy snacks for my kids and real fruit slushies are a huge hit. Since it is summer time I am looking for cool treats that do not contain a lot of sugar or high fructose corn syrup. If you look at most popsicles and other sweet treats they contain high fructose corn syrup as one of the main ingredients. We had homemade healthy popsicles recently, so I wanted another treat that would be just a delicious. I have a lot of frozen fruit. Therefore I thought…
made with real fruit and fruit juice
Ingredients for Slushies:
1 1/2 cups frozen fruit
1 -2 cups juice (Real Juice, no high fructose corn syrup)
1. Pour real fruit juice into blender.
2. Add half of the frozen fruit. Blend on high for one minute. I used 1 cup frozen grapes, 1/2 cups blueberries. This is where it starts to turn into a real slushie.
3. Add the rest of the fruit and blend on high for another minute or two until blended all the way through.
4. Pour in a glass and add a straw. You just gotta have a straw to drink your slushie!
The possibilities of sulshie recipes are endless with all the fresh fruit in season right now. Just freeze the berries before you make it and you don’t need to add any ice. If use lots of berries you may want to add some honey or a little spoon of powdered sugar. My kids absolutely loved these. Little face asked the next day if he could have a grape slushie again! What slushie recipes are you thinking about right now? If you like this recipe, PIN IT or share it on Facebook. The buttons below make this super easy to do. Just click the button and Boom! You have shared this with your friends.
Are you looking for ways to sneak fruits and veggies into your kids diets? Take a look at these articles for some sneaky ideas to add nutrition.
Homemade Lara Bars (the simple way)
~ ~ ~
LET the Party Begin! I can’t wait to see what you have all been working on this week. LINK UP and share your creativity with us all.
Latest posts by Amy (see all)
- Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe in Under 30 Minutes - January 19, 2017
- Big Game Homegating Snack Hack Ideas to Feed a Crowd - January 18, 2017
- 7 Tips on How to Get More Done Every Day - January 11, 2017