This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HoneyForHolidays #CollectiveBias
Having a few quick gifts ready to grab for any occasion is a necessity during the holidays. I never want to visit anyone empty handed. Chocolate covered homemade honeycomb is a quick treat to make to have on hand to give as gifts. Don Victor honey is raw and unfiltered and great to use for this recipe. It can be found in the Hispanic food aisle in your local Walmart. It comes in a 16oz jar and there is more than enough in that pretty little jar.
Chocolate Covered Homemade Honeycomb
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup Don Victor Honey
2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons baking soda
Directions How to Make Homemade Honeycomb
1. In a large pot, bigger than you think you will need, on medium heat add sugar, Don Victor Honey and water.
2. This is the most difficult part, keep stirring and don’t stop. The sugar will melt into the water and honey. This will bubble a lot, be careful not to splash the hot liquid.
3. Get the liquid to 275 – 300 degrees using a candy thermometer. Don’t forget to keep stirring or it will burn. (it is not good if it is burnt)
4. Once it is at the correct temperature take off heat. Next shake the baking soda over the top of the mixture. The mixture will bubble up like some crazy science experiment. Stir in a few times until the baking soda is incorporated through out. Not too long to keep the bubbles.
5. Pour immediately on to a Silpat mat or parchment paper and let cool. You can sit in the refrigerator to cool quicker.
6. Melt chocolate. I use a mason jar in hot water on the stove to melt the chocolate. I like this way, since the jar stays warmer longer. You have more time to work with the chocolate.
7. I love that Don Victor honey comes with a honeycomb right inside. I like to cover piece of honeycomb in chocolate and place one in the jar as a secret little treat. The best way to cover it is to place the small piece of honeycomb in freezer. Once it is frozen cover in chocolate, so the chocolate sets quickly. This honeycomb is completely edible and oh so yummy.
I like to place the little chocolate golden honey nuggets in a simple mason jar. Decorate the jar with a little washi tape and use a cupcake liner for the lid. A present is trimmed without a bow, so add a little bow with some bakers twine. I have created some festive holiday gift tags for you to print to add to your gifts this year.
If you would like more great recipes, stay in touch with Don Victor Honey on Facebook.
Latest posts by Amy (see all)
- Best Road Trip Tips And Kids Travel Notebook Printable - July 19, 2017
- Homemade Magic Shell Recipe Using Only Two Ingredients - July 12, 2017
- 12 Secrets to Make Your Disney Cruise The Best Ever - June 26, 2017