I can’t remember exactly when I fell in love with Chai tea, but I just love how all the the spices blend so well together. I wanted to recreate the flavors with my own Chai tea spice mix to not only enjoy in tea, but add to flavor many dishes. The unique flavor found in Chai Spice is the cardamom spice. It is a very fragrant sweet spice found in traditional Indian dishes. I just love any dish with cardamom in it. Here is a dish called Keema if you want to try cardamom in a dish.
Chai Tea Spice Mix
Ingredients for Chai Tea Spice Mix:
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
a dash of nutmeg (optional my secret ingredient)
Directions for How to Make Chai Tea Spice Mix:
1. Gather all the spices mentioned above from your spice cabinet. This is not as hard as the taco seasoning mix or homemade ranch dressing. I like to keep my sweet spices separate from my savory seasoning spices.
2. Measure and thoroughly mix all the spices in a small bowl. Store in an air tight container. Try doubling this recipe to keep some on hand whenever you may want some more.
3. For Chai tea make a cup of tea. Add one teaspoon of the mix to the tea. Add milk and sugar for a chai tea latte.
If you haven’t fallen in love with all the wonderful flavors of chai, you will after making and using this in recipe. A chai tea latte is the best way to enjoy these spices, but I find I like to use this spice mix instead of just cinnamon in a dish or sweet treat. You could even try a chai almond biscotti with a cup of nice chai tea or make coffee and enjoy a chai almond biscotti. Hopefully you will fall in love with chai tea spices just as much as I have. See how to make other homemade recipes. Check out Pounds4Pennies on Pinterest for more inspiring creations.
Latest posts by Amy (see all)
- The Best Fish Tacos Recipe With Wasabi Garlic Lime Sauce - April 20, 2017
- Easy to Use 3D Pen For Kids - April 18, 2017
- Sustainable and Ethical Fashion You Will Love - April 7, 2017