It is out of necessity we create or invent, so I invented this quick and easy biscuit empanadas recipe. I am not sure if that is a quote, but it is something I am saying now. I have been getting tired of eating the same thing. I really wanted empanadas today, but I didn’t have any pie crust. And I was just too lazy to make some. So the mother of invention stepped in and I looked at my fridge. I had taco meat, cheese and biscuits bought on sale and BOOM! Biscuit empanadas were born. We have had this twice as a meal already. It has gone over well both times we have served this to our munchins. I have been telling my friends and they are willing to try to make biscuit empanadas too. You can get biscuit coupons here, or make your own biscuits with my biscuit recipe.
Ingredients for Biscuit Empanadas Recipe:
Biscuit Empanadas Recipe:
- 1 Can 8 count Biscuits (or use my biscuit recipe)
- 1 lb. Browned Ground Meat with taco seasoning
- 1 Cup Cheese
- 1 Cup Onion (Optional)
- Open Biscuits and take a rolling pin and flatten out each of the 8 biscuits into about a 6-8 inch circle. Using flour for dusting so they won’t stick.
- When all the biscuits are rolled out for the empanadas, take about 1 ½ tablespoons of Browned Taco Meat and place in the center. Then top with Cheese. Fold the dough over and seal the biscuit empandas with a little water and a fork.
- Bake the biscuit empanadas in the oven per instructions for the biscuits. These biscuit empanadas are super simple and very delicious. I am sure this will be a new family favorite in your meal plan rotation.
Latest posts by Amy (see all)
- Guide to Kombucha Second Fermentation Process - May 26, 2017
- Important Life Changes to Consider With A New Teen Driver - May 24, 2017
- How to Make Homemade Kombucha Recipe Like a Pro - May 17, 2017