Apples are so good, sweet and healthy for you. Warm baked apples and cinnamon just seem to go hand in hand. You may want to take a look at an apple chart to find out the best apples to use in cooking or which apples you would like to eat. This apple pancake recipe is very easy to make and you probably have these ingredients already on hand.
Ingredients for Apple Pancake recipe:
1 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (divided)
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs
1 1/4 cups whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (Make your own Vanilla Extract Recipe)
6 tablespoons unsalted butter (Learn how to make butter)
2 large Golden Delicious apples, peeled and thinly sliced
1/4 cup, packed, dark brown sugar
Directions on how to make an Apple Pancake:
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the 6 tablespoons of butter in a 13×9 baking dish and place in the oven to allow the butter to melt.
2. Now mix all the dry ingredients flour, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and salt together in a bowl. (save the brow sugar for the end)
3. In another bowl mix the eggs, milk and vanilla and beat together. Now mix the wet and the dry ingredients together.
4. Cut about 1/4 inch slices of Golden Delicious apples (these taste the best in this apple pancake recipe.) After the butter has melted, place the apple in the baking dish and cook for about 10-12 minutes.
5. Pour the batter over the top of the Apples. Top off the the dish with the brown sugar and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Place in the oven and bake apple pancake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes until brown around the edges. I know this will look delicious, but allow to cool for a few minutes before diving in.
Once the large, apple puff pancake is made, drizzle a little homemade syrup on top or even add a little homemade chocolate syrup. Even a little sprinkle of powdered sugar would be nice for this apple pancake recipe. This is just sweet enough to not need anything at all to top it off. Some people even consider this a German apple pancake recipe. Our family enjoys this dish during the fall when apples are in season. I love to buy fresh apples for this dish. If you are in the mood for apples, try this simple slow cooker applesauce recipe.
What are some of your favorite apple dishes to make?
Latest posts by Amy (see all)
- Shrimp and Kale Salad Recipe In Under 10 Minutes - August 7, 2017
- How to Create A Smart Home in Minutes - July 28, 2017
- Best Road Trip Tips And Kids Travel Notebook Printable - July 19, 2017