I have a tween daughter. As her body is changing into the wonderful women I know she will grow to be, her skin is changing too. She has developed a little acne on her face, nothing too serious. She needs to keep her face clean more than just washing. I am trying to teach her the importance of hygiene to maintain not only her appearance, but her health. I wanted to find a way we could make our own natural face toner. I grew up using Sea Breeze for maintaining my skin. I wanted to find something I thought would be comparable for her skin. Her skin is a bit more oily than mine. So I have two recipes for natural face toner I would like to share with you depending on your skin type.
Witch Hazel is a great ingredient for a face toner, since it is a great astringent. An astringent is something that will shrink tissues, therefore it will shrink the pores on the face. I never knew that is what astringent meant. I thought astringent meant cleaner. Since this is the main purpose for an astringent you still need something that will clean your face. Tea Tree essential oil is known for its antiseptic qualities. Since only using a few drops it is a mild oil for the skin. Do not use Tea Tree directly on the face.
Natural Face Toner
How to Make Natural Face Toner:
10 tbsp. distilled water
2 tbsp. witch hazel (astringent)
3-5 drops tea tree essential oil (cleaner)
2 tbsp. alcohol (optional for oily skin)
Directions for Natural Face Toner:
1. Mix the above ingredients together and shake thoroughly to mix well. If you don’t have oily skin, you do not need to add the alcohol.
2. Pour a small amount on a cotton ball and rub face to cleanse and tone face. This is a simple natural face toner.
Latest posts by Amy (see all)
- 10 Paper Clutter Solutions For Spring Cleaning That Work - March 28, 2017
- Learn to Ride a Bike Faster With a Strider Bike - March 24, 2017
- Top 7 Reasons Why Car Shopping At The DFW Auto Show Is Best - March 23, 2017