Simple indulgence is what this week is about. What better way to pamper yourself, than with a luxurious sea salt body scrub. This not only will exfoliate, but also provide a rich moisturizer for your skin. My skin gets really dry during the winter, so I need a little extra moisturizer during this dry time of year.
Let’s talk about exfoliating your skin with a good salt scrub. I like to use sea salt, since I have a store where I can buy sea salt for about $0.49 a pound in the bulk aisle. It is super cheap and a great natural spa ingredient! Sea salt is great for baths and the skin, since it acts as a water softener and gently exfoliates the skin . It is one of the most common ingredients in high end spa treatments. Sea salt naturally detoxifies the skin, since it absorbs toxins on your skin. Since sea salt is processed differently than table salt, it retains some additional minerals rather than regular table salt.
Sea Salt Body Scrub for Radiant Skin
Sea Salt Body Scrub:
1/4 cup sea salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons Lemon or Lime juice
10 – 20 drops lemon essential oil
Directions for Sea Salt Body Scrub:
1. Mix the salt thoroughly with the oil and essential oil, so the lemon juice won’t dissolve the salt.
2. Add sea salt and mix all the ingredients together.
3. Gently massage into the skin, while taking a shower to exfoliate the skin. This will also soften and moisturize your skin.
4. Rinse off the scrub in a warm shower for smooth, silky skin for a fraction of the cost. Increase amounts to create a larger batches of this scrub.
Are you ready to pamper yourself with this luxurious all natural salt scrub? Stay tuned by liking me on Facebook or Twitter for the latest natural beauty care this week. I would love to know how you enjoyed making this recipe. I think this would be a fabulous gift for valentine’s day or any other holiday gift idea. All of the natural spa recipes I am providing this week would make a fabulous gift set. Since, most of these products are natural this would also make a great gift for a new mother, too. Follow my Pinterest board Simple beauty for more natural beauty care.
What do love about natural spa care?
Latest posts by Amy (see all)
- 10 Paper Clutter Solutions For Spring Cleaning That Work - March 28, 2017
- Learn to Ride a Bike Faster With a Strider Bike - March 24, 2017
- Top 7 Reasons Why Car Shopping At The DFW Auto Show Is Best - March 23, 2017